Wednesday, November 30, 2005

 

The Morning After the Night Before

Last night I had dinner with a Nobel Peace Prize nominee and I didn’t even know it until I ‘d left the affair. But then, almost everyone at the event was praiseworthy. How was I to know that he was deemed to be more so than the rest? More often than not the headlines we read are negative and anger-invoking. And yet, there are millions of people in this diverse country of ours who quietly go about the business of giving to others. I do believe that the human beast is flawed and will either overcome or succumb to those flaws through further evolution. However, it was an excellent evening saluting those who, both the very young and the very old, resist the scars on the soul of the species. The event was made even the more excellent by the presence of an exquisitely shiny purple Rolls with a pink top and champagne and chocolates as a send-off. Oh, and by the presence of a firecracker of a beautiful woman, an Olympic hopeful, with whom it would be very easy to fall a over tk in lust. It’s a good thing I won’t be coming in contact with her very often.
*******************
"Gary Glitter" will forever remind me of Farouk Bulsara’s first(?) pseudonym, "Larry Lurex."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?