Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Shuffle, Shuffle, Shuffle, and Turn the Page

A while back my beloved CD player died. It was no surprise given the use the shuffle mode got. It was constantly in motion. So, I began the search for a new player. A stroke of luck! I found the exact same player at Best Buy. Brought it home, set it up, and damned if it wasn't defective. Dismantled it. Took it back. Bought a replacement. Brought it home, set it up, and damned if it wasn't defective, again, too, and also! Okay, so I took the hint. Widened the search. Finally found a combo CD/DVD player. Brought it home, set it up, and it worked! Sorta. It's VERY complicated to use and as far as I can figure out, there's no way to put the 6 CD's in, set it on random mode, and not have songs repeat without knowing which ones have never been played. It doesn't just shuffle through the songs once. It plays longer than infinity. So I listen on chain mode, which, as anyone who knows me, does not set well with me. Right now I'm listening to Ottmar Liebert. Then Diana Krall will entertain me. Next on the schedule, Rod Stewart. Then, sandwiched between Marilyn Manson and Bette Midler will be Adrian Belew. I hope he enjoys the cuddle from the odd couple.

**********************

I've set myself a reading task. I hope to read bios (not autobios) of all the presidents before I expire, or die, which ever comes first. I'm not very far into the project. In the past I've read bios of Truman, Roosevelt, and Adams. On the nightstand is one on Washington. I have a lot of reading to do before the eternal end.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?