Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

Am I the only one who thinks (that)

the reason for the rejection of some words by Bookworm, eg "dildo," is silly.

the lawyers’ reasons for not executing this man border on the terminally inane?

Heronswood Nursery could make all my garden dreams come true if only I lived in the right biome?

it’s possible to be concerned for the welfare of someone you can’t abide when you see them making horrific decisions?

******************

Listening to:

Janis Ian: Hunger
Culture Club: The Best of
Rod Stewart: Blondes Have More Fun
Queen: The Miracle
Various Artists: Superhits, 1967
Nine Inch Nails: Pretty Hate Machine

Comments:
that catalog is a lot of fun and the writer had fun with some witty descriptions.

you r right-- sumX the right biome seems 2 be a small patch indeed:
"We have been unsuccessful in keeping this outside at Heronswood" [a species of schefflera].

as 4 'caligula'-- i saw that version in the early nineties and a diabolical scene or 3 have stayed with me yet. extravagently perverse, what happens when civics meets mardi gras.
 
woops, i thot it read "outside of heronswood" --conjuring vague images of beyond-shangrila gardening-by-death.
 
That would be one very small biome indeed.

I have the '06 hardcopy catalogue and have to keep slapping my pen hand away from the order form. I did order something from them once. I don't remember what it was--probably something that required a lowcountry bog. *L* Whatever it was, it took one look at its new surroundings, screamed, fell over in a dead faint, and never came out of the coma.
 
I remember a discussion about "Caligula," but back then it it was only available in the Brit format, which I unknowingly ordered, only to discovered it wouldn't play on my VCR. Yes, there are several scenes that will forever lurk in the disturbed crevices of my creepy mind. *L*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?