Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

Candy Apple Flaming Flashing Neon Red Herring

I have read so many articles over the years about ALF/ELF that the names of the individuals have become familiar to me, so I have to wonder why these indictments weren’t brought long ago. I sincerely doubt that it has been a lack of substantial, prosecutable evidence. Has it been ineptitude on the part of the authorities, or have they been saving the indictments for just this sort of situation–to divert attention from, and make a case for, the illegal destruction of privacy rights by the cadre?

All Hail









I will not be surprised if they eventually cave in. But...just to take the stand they have, publicly, warms the cockles of my pessimistic heart (uh...what the hell is a heart cockle?). And, if I owned stock in Google, and if they held foursquare against the government, I would happily keep that stock until the company completely tanked and feel that I had done a patriotic duty.

As an addendum, I have always taken the attitude that nothing on the internet is private and that anyone who believes that it can be is either a fool, a naif, or a delusionoid. However, for the government to demand that anyone involved with the internet give up their semblance of privacy protection is treasonous

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?