Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Musica

How many ways can you ruin the Star Spangled Banner? I don’t know. Go ask Aaron Neville and Aretha Franklin.
**************
I didn't watch the Grammys , becuz my most unfavorite female lost-note singer was rumored to have infiltrated them this year. I did see just a bit of them after finishing up watching "Murderball" (inspiring, but not nearly as exciting as wheelchair basketball in my opinion) and I thought I had lucked into something extremely fine--the Sly Stone tribute. And it was, particularly since Joss Stone was part of it, as she was last year in the tribute to Janis Joplin with Melissa which was superb. This year, everything was jivin', right up until the poor thang, Sly, trotted out on stage. That was just fuckin' sad, it was. Damn, why did they do that, and whose lousy idea was it? Whoever came up with the idea should be put someplace--no bloodshed, just put them someplace.
*************
Listening to:


Johnny Cash: America IV: The Man Comes Around

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Axis: Bold As Love

Chage & Aska: MTV Unplugged Live

Elvenking: Heathenreel

Faces: Long Play

Bruce Springsteen: The Rising


Comments:
an encapsulation can be found @

www.salon.com/ent/video_dog/
 
Well, other than taking 1.5 hrs to download on my dialup and then allowing "SheWhoShallNotBeNamed" to sully my monitor screen (still wiping off the spit),you sneaky devil, that was perfect! Loved it. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?